• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4 way sli motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can not think of one reason to have 7 PCI-e slots...

But I friggin want one.

Think of the folding power. Run 7 single slot video cards...

why the need for some stupid form factor.... atx spec calls for 7 expansion slots from the get go.

and god that is dumb 7 pcie 16x slots. and how the hell do you run 4x cards ... wouldnt one need 4x sli connectors per card so they could all talk?

yes well its not just each of the other cards, they all gotta have a link to talk to one another.

looks like it would take 3 sli connectors per card to do 4way.

Attachments

• 4 sli.JPG
    4 sli.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 275
Well if this isn't a whole new level of overkill, I don't know what is.

7 slots? I think this covers it. And I don't know why they couldn't cram this into a a standard ATX or even extended ATX.

1 vidcard
2 vidcard
3 vidcard
4 vidcard
5 raid card --> 8x SSDs
6 sound card --> for DDL encoding
7 intel pro nic --> 4Gbit/s ethernet

Have one of these on the way myself after a bit of a problem see how it works out thought it was a bit similar.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131390

I won't have the GPU's to try that out off the bat, probably won't ever, but it's 7 PCI-e and NF200 x 2 also how the GPU's coordinate 4 I suppose, dual vid chips on the boards to manage the slots.

Bought it open box, just hope it's not been raped :)

:beer:

Should make for some interesting experimentation in the future if the MOBO good I hope.

That's one crazy setup running there.

Lot of the newer soundcards, NIC's etc are PCI-e also, as a reason to have 7 I guess. That and my ARECA I guess.

Least anything I'm going to get in the forseeable future will be I guess, I'm hoping as is will handle things well.

Last edited:
intresting on that 4way sli bridge... Looks like its two connectors per card and some of the cards only have one sli connector going to them... they must use the actual board to talk between eachother.

Actually loooking at that sli connector it looks like the cards are arranged in groups... you have cards 1/2, and 3/4 hooked together then one link connecting group 1 (cards 1/2) via card 2 to group 2 (cards 3/4) to card 4

and 7x pcie 16x slots when you only have 36lanes off the x58 to play with.... 4 slots at 8x pcie 2.0 i guess would work.

i still think its stupid retarded but hey if you got money to burn go for it i guess.

Wow, when they say the open boxes might come with no item they aren't kidding, mine didn't even have the case insert on the P6T7. MOBO only.

But Im happy to have the I7 running again, seems the MOBO meltdown I had didn't hurt the CPU or RAM any.

:thup:

I was surprised actually, I hooked the 3x raptors up for Matrix again and the Areca in here and it fired up windows right off, the bat didn't even have to reinstall it.

That was a big surprise, now I have to play with some gadgets and a few new things here :)

:beer:

*edit* well I did have to run upgrade once to get it to activate :)

Last edited:
Back