• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DX58SO and GTX 285 hdmi audio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Airbornederekc

Ok so here is the scoop.

the gtx 285 card comes with a dvi to hdmi adapter and a 2 pin audio cable. this cable is supposed to allow sound to go throught he hdmi cable.

question is where the heck does it plug into a motherboard? this board shows a 3 pin S/PDIF connector and a 15 pin HD Audio connector for hdmi audio.

am i missing something or is this just not going to work for me?

Well i just checked the manual for your board and you need to connect the two connector wire to SPDIF OUT and Ground, which seem to be the two prongs closest to the back of the PC on the 3 pin header.

I assume the third prong (Vcc (probably 5v)) would be for an optical output adapter which you don't need.

hey it worked. thanks for the advice.

funny thing is that nowhere in the documentation does it mention anything about using a 2 pin connector in the 3 pin header, however when i was plugging it in I noticed that right on the pcb there is writing to show how to connect the 2 pin cable.

how messed up is that?

oh well. hopefully someone else learns from this thread.

Back