• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T Deluxe v2 and Crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

limner

anyone tried this motherboard with two ati crossfired?

I'm going to buy this...are you aware of some problems about this motherboard?

Theres a discussion going on somewhere on this forum, but I couldnt remember which one it was. Anyway, I just bought a new i7 setup and did a bunch of research on it yesterday, from what I gathered the p6t can run 2 crossfired double slot cards, but there wouldnt be room for anything else? as in wlan card, sound card, I guess basically all the standard pci slots will be blocked. Might want to double check my info, or someone else here that actually has one will chime in and correct if i'm wrong. Thats what I gathered though.

Theres a discussion going on somewhere on this forum, but I couldnt remember which one it was. Anyway, I just bought a new i7 setup and did a bunch of research on it yesterday, from what I gathered the p6t can run 2 crossfired double slot cards, but there wouldnt be room for anything else? as in wlan card, sound card, I guess basically all the standard pci slots will be blocked. Might want to double check my info, or someone else here that actually has one will chime in and correct if i'm wrong. Thats what I gathered though.

Using the P6T Deluxe, you can Crossfire/SLI up to two dual-slot cards. The first two PCIe slots are spaced farther apart than on many other boards, meaning that in a multi-card setup with dual-slot cards, the top card will have an extra slot's worth of room for airflow (as opposed to being crammed right above the second card). Using two dual-slot cards will leave you with the PCIe x4 and one PCI slot open.

Back