• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ex58-extreme issue <Video>

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antipesto93

ok basically, when i power up my ex58-extreme rig, (cold boot...as in i turn it on from a power off state...NOT a software restrart)
the motherboard will power up, but then keep trying to restart, you can hear the bios speaker click every time it restarts, and it takes about 3 of these restarts untill it fully posts

sometimes the first of these 3-4 restarts turns the power off an on

here is a video of it
put the volume up so you can hear the bios clicks

this happens with STOCK settings
With an OC, when i turn my pc on, it will do its restart loop, then auto reset the cmos, then do what was explained above/in the video

its abit complicated but if someone can understand and help me it would be alot of help

things i have tried:

individual ram sticks in ram slot 1

different graphics card ( very low power one )

When i turn all my fans of, then power it on, it boots normally...or mabye with only one click/restart

i dont think its the psu as an ocz stealthxstreme should be able to handle the rig in my sig - the gtx 260 very easily

so it must be either
incompatible ram (ocz gold 1600 6gb)( but this is a very common combo?? )
bad cpu
bad motherboared

i dont think i can rma as i purchased it second hand, as a combo with the RAM.

unfortuneatly
i have no psu/1366 motherboares/i7 processors i can borrow of friends :(

please helpppp

This is the nearest thing I can find
69h = turn on l2 cache
6b (there is no 68)= program chipset registers according to terms described in setup and auto config table

Mine does the same thing. I think its natural; step back, take a deep breath, and let it go.

really!??

but it means every time i turn my pc on in the mornign i have to go into the bios and RE-Overclock it and boot straight from bios ( soft boot )
:( this is meant to be THEEE overclocking board :cry:

do you think it could be my overclock ? it is allstable 24/7, but is a 1.65 qpi and 1.4 ( i think ) Northbridge ok?

Just updated my sig after about 4 years, lol. I should have ready further into your thread.

Mine does the same loop a couple times before starting on a cold boot, it does not however reset my bios. What if you saved your settings into one of those profiles?

Just updated my sig after about 4 years, lol. I should have ready further into your thread.

Mine does the same loop a couple times before starting on a cold boot, it does not however reset my bios. What if you saved your settings into one of those profiles?

profiles? i am quite confused

i think i am going to play around with my o/c and mabye make sure it not stability causing the bios to reset

well i have tried to bring some voltages up/down and still no difference
if you email gigabyte they just reply asking you to strip down the pc and then try, then if that dosent work get an rma, but i dont think i can do that as i got it second hand:(

When I cold boot with mine, it will turn on, turn off for a second then boot normally. Does it every time without fail but never has a problem...

hmmm stil cant fix it even after playing with all the clocks and voltages... i guess i will just live with it :(

Back