• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will it work in this Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not a Intel guy, but it says that motherboard supports FSB 533/400mhz, and that CPU is 800. Also, I think it would be best (if they had the money) to upgrade the entire system, aka a new build. DDR266? That is slooooow.

Yea you dont have to tell me its slow LOL. They only use it for surfing the net and thats it.

I think upgrading the chip alone iwll be hard. Might have to find a nice cheap mobo/cpu combo.

And im not intel guy either im all AMD.

Well if they surf the net, I guess I wouldn't worry about upgrading the cpu until it either breaks or, well it breaks. Just clean up the HDD, upgrade the ram to the fastest speed it supports (DDR266) and thats about it. Clean it, reinstall OS. Thats what I would do. You can build dual core budget build systems for like 250 :)

Yea i just reinstalled XP on it today and its running 512mb ram 266 with 2 40gb in raid 0. But the cpu bottle necks it all. It might just be me going form my system to theris. They never say its slow to me.

cpu will work underclocked

cpu will work, it just wont run at 800 since your FSB is 533 max . make shure the bios is updated.
might as well slap in a gig of ram 266.

Back