• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

molding or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ottoman

I'm getting ready to make my case window..

my panels are painted black..

wanted opinions..

what u think looks better?

window sitting flush with H molding (if I can find it)

or just the the plexi to the back..

I'm making it a rounded rectangle... removing as much panel as possible and having as much visible...

It always looks better with the molding. I dont like the H channel molding because its usually to wide and I think looks cheap when its so wide.

If all else fails do what I did. I used normal U channel on the edge of the hole I cut in my case. I superglued it on to the metal. Then from behind superglued the plexi to the channel. It gives it a nice 3 dimensional look and if you use 1/4" channel like I did it look neater.

I know a guy that used plexi, cut the oval rectangle in the panel, drilled holes, and used pop rivets, and then, after that, he did away with the whole panel, and retro fitted a panel of plexi for the panel, the whole side was just plexi, lol

Back