• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT LX6, Award BIOS (4.51PG), CPU Soft Menu and eSupport???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miguel_I_Fonsec

Hi, recently I tried eSupport for a BIOS upgrade on my old ABIT LX6 board but the new BIOS of course takes away ABIT CPU Soft Menu, but does not include any option to select both FSB and the CPU multiplier, which is fluctuating between 2 (on even boots) and 2.5 (on odd boots), and so I cannot run my PII-300 at its spec (66MHz x 4.5). It will never go higher than 166MHz (66MHz x 2.5, or 207MHz if I use the 83MHz FSB). eSupport mentions that their BIOS is supposed to recognize the CPU multiplier automatically, and of course won't provide any further help, even though it's known that for the original Klamath PII the multiplier was either selected with jumpers on the board or configured with BIOS options.

Is there a way of modding the new BIOS (which unfortunately is absolutely needed for hard disk support, and a correction for two annoying CDROM and IrDA problems) so that I could extract the "CPU Soft Menu" module from the original BIOS image and include in the new BIOS? I am familiar with CBROM and MODBIN but I cannot seem to find the right modules to extract and combine into a new superBIOS that really works. TIA,

Miguel

I'll bet someone here has an old raid controler card lying around that would help your hdd problem and you could keep the bios that worked best. if you want to surf Ebay for a card, use the terms "Promise Ultra 66" or "Hot Rod 66" or "IDE Raid Controler"
One question, as I have one also..actually two...what is the s-spec, and have you been able to clock it b4 the bios upgrade?

The LX chipset was only supposed to do 66-83? mhz...it was the forerunner to to the legendary 440BX chipset, there was a ZX in there somewhere also.
I think you might get lucky with a site called driverguide.com they have thousands of bios & drivers for d'l after you join (free)....they might have a few different bios dates for the LX6. I can email my buddy in Montana and see if he has any old bios files for his LX6...but he is not the fastest to reply. :)
Oh and BTW, Welcome to the Forums!

Back