• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI P43 Neo-F OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sparow3333

Please help me guys...

This is my setup:
Intel E8200 @ 2.66 stock
2 x 2GIG DDR800 6-6-6-18
Sata 250 GIG HD
Palit GTX 275
Coolermaster Z600 CPU Cooler
Coolermaster Scout Casing
600w Vantec ION2+ PSU
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
MSI P43 Neo-F

Now my problem is, everyone is oc'ing there E8200 to 3.2 with eash, my PC just hits BSOD or freezes up, I use to be able to hit 3.2 with ease on my Gigabyte G31 board with same components, please advise me on how to get the correct setting, or tell me what im doing wrong.

Im not completely clueless with this kinda thing, this is why i need help, cant understand what im doing wrong.....

Please help me guys...

This is my setup:
Intel E8200 @ 2.66 stock
2 x 2GIG DDR800 6-6-6-18
Sata 250 GIG HD
Palit GTX 275
Coolermaster Z600 CPU Cooler
Coolermaster Scout Casing
600w Vantec ION2+ PSU
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
MSI P43 Neo-F

Now my problem is, everyone is oc'ing there E8200 to 3.2 with eash, my PC just hits BSOD or freezes up, I use to be able to hit 3.2 with ease on my Gigabyte G31 board with same components, please advise me on how to get the correct setting, or tell me what im doing wrong.

Im not completely clueless with this kinda thing, this is why i need help, cant understand what im doing wrong.....

A BSOD or a freeze, which BTW, is likely when NOT in an OS, but when exiting the BIOS or in the BIOS, is because of the RAM frequency being too high.

Please try this:

1. Underclock your RAM

2. Save BIOS settings and exit the BIOS.

3. Enter the BIOS again.

4. Raise the FSB.

The above is because the motherboard likely is fighting with you, by increasing the RAM frequency everytime you increase the FSB!

It's likely that the motherboard is for example, trying to use DDR2 1200 (600 Mhz) when you want to raise the FSB to 300 Mhz!

Back