• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ud3p bios issues? please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdf_warrior

I just got a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P the other day and I got everything up and running fine. However, for some reason, when I make any kind of change to the BIOS, it never seems to want to keep my settings. Sometimes it will keep them for the next boot, but after that, its gone again. It primarily wont remember the hard disk boot order. I have to go into the BIOS just about every time I boot the machine up to tell it which drive to boot first because it wont remember the settings. Yes I tell the BIOS to save the settings and reboot..

Anyone else had that problem with this board or have you heard of anyone else with this issue? It's REALLY irritating. I can try to boot, it fail because its looking for the wrong drive, reboot, set the order, save, reboot, and its wrong again. Sometimes it takes 2-3 tries to get it to save the boot order and boot the correct drive.

Please. Someone hepl befor eI throw this POS out the window.

+1 on the battery,
did you disable EIST in bios? my 1.1 rev board wouldnt keep oc settings until i disabled EIST
dont throw it RMA it

stuff like this seems to be a common thing with this board, i too get problems some times so i understand how it is, which is why im upgrading yay

Back