• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn Blackops x48 mobo OC Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sunerd

OK... so forgive the ignorance because i am very new to the oc'ing scene.

I have a Q9550 on a foxconn blackops mobo with 2x1 corsair dominator 1600mHz DDR3 and (2)HD 4890's in crossfire. I can not get the FSB over 420ish mHz. I have tried to raise voltages and even lower cpu multi and lower the ram ratio but it is like ive hit a brick wall.

So... as I am sure much more information is needed to facilitate any help.. lemme know whatcha need. I hope to hit 3.6-3.8gHz. I have h2o cooled cpu and nb. Thanks in advance, and sorry if i've posted an existing topic but any help is appreciated

So my newbness is already showing.. i have my spces in my "about me" but I will have to do some checking on how to get it to come up like a tag.. any help there would be appreciated as well. Thanks for the reply! :beer:

OK.. so there's the system =D
I am currently at 3.4gHz and I am hoping to hit somewhere in the 3.6-3.8 range
I have seen this board get up to 2000mHz FSB and I have seen this processor at 4000mHz with a sub 1.3 voltage. But I have not seen them together. So, once again thanks in advance.

X48's as well as X38's and P35's have a bit of a hard time getting the FSB up over 460FSB w/ 45nm quads and remaining completely stable. But, you should be able to get up to 450-460 w/o too much trouble. P45's can go a little higher.

If you had a dual-core you could get a good bit over 500FSB.

Post up a CPU-Z ss showing the CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs for starters. We need to make sure your RAM settings aren't holding back your attempt at getting the FSB higher.

The general strategy that I use is to work on 1 thing at a time.

[FSB - RAM - CPU]

The way to do that is to always remove 2 variables. Keep the RAM speed low and timings loose along w/ spec'd voltage on the RAM. And keep the CPU multi low, and 1.3v going to it while you focus on the FSB speed.

Once the FSB has been tested stable ( I use Prime95 large-fft) you can go to RAM or CPU next.

If you go the RAM route it's time to try different RAM dividers to get the RAM speed as high as possible. Use more RAM voltage at your discretion if it helps. Once that is done, try to tighten up timings including Performance Level which is actually a NB timing. I use the same test for RAM; Prime95 large-fft. But I also use Memtest, and OCCT custom 2hr RAM test.

Once those are stable, you can increase the CPU multi and adjust vcore as needed (some other settings as well) until you get the CPU stable. I use Prime95 small-fft and Linx to test.

I'll provide more detail along the way.

I know that BIOS has a LOT of features, but I'm not familiar w/ it's particular syntax, so if you could post up all the BIOS settings (I know it's a pain) it would help a lot. This is an enthusiast board, and you really have to do a lot more experimentation to get the best results. Auto won't cut it on a lot of settings.

Lots of stuff on that mobo here, just have to sort thru it to find what meets your needs

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=281

and here,

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=283

Various shared BIOS settings

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194629

For BIOS settings spreadsheet (detail below):

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194182

Quantum BIOS
CPU Clock Ratio Unlock
CPU Clock Ratio
CPU Clock Ratio +0.5x
Target CPU Core Speed
CPU Clock (FSB)
CPU Clock vs Memory Speed
System Memory Speed
CPU Clock skew Control
CPU Clock Amplitude Ctrl
PCI Express Clock
PCI Clock
Spread Spectrum
Over Clock Recovery

CPU Feature
EIST Function
Limit CPUID MaxVal
C1E Function
Execute Disable Bit
Vrtualization Technology
Frequency Unlimit
Core Multi-Processing
Cold Bug Boot Fix

All Voltage Control
CPU Voltage Multiplier
CPU Voltage Setting
CPU Vdroop Compensation

CPU PLL Voltage Setting
Cpu VTT Voltage Setting
Cpu GTL Ref 0. Voltage
Cpu GTL Ref 1. Voltage
Cpu GTL Ref 2. Voltage
Cpu GTL Ref 3. Voltage
NB Voltage Setting
NB GTL Ref Voltage
SB Voltage Setting

DRAM Voltage Setting Auto
DRAM Pull-Up Voltage Auto
DRAM Pull-Down Voltage Auto
DRAM Ref Voltage Auto

Memory Timing Control
ECC Scrubing Auto
Dram Timing Selectable Auto
Cas Latency Time (tCL) Auto
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) Auto
RAS# Precharge (tRP) Auto
Precharge Delay (tRAS) Auto
Row Refresh Cycle (tRFC) Auto
Performance Level Auto
Write to Precharge (tWR) Auto
Write to Read Delay (tWTR) Auto
Act to Act Delay (tRRD) Auto
Read to Precharge (tRTP) Auto
All Precharge to Refresh Auto
Refresh Period Ratio Auto
Refresh Period (tREF) Auto
Command Per Clock Auto
R2RD Same Rank (tRTRD) Auto
R2RD Different Rank (tRTRD) Auto
W2RD Same Rank (tWTRS) Auto
W2RD Different Rank (tWTRS) Auto
FSB Gain 1 Auto
FSB Gain 2 Auto
FSB Gain 3 Auto
FSB Gain 4 Auto
Dimm1 Clock Skew Adjust Auto
Dimm2 Clock Skew Adjust Auto
Dimm3 Clock Skew Adjust Auto
Dimm4 Clock Skew Adjust Auto
Dimm1 Control Skew Adust Auto
Dimm2 Control Skew Adust Auto
Dimm3 Control Skew Adust Auto
Dimm4 Control Skew Adust Auto
Dram 1/2 Command Skew Auto
Dram 3/4 Command Skew Auto

Blackops Help Please?

I just recieved a Foxconn Blackops and am having a devil of a time getting it to boot.
System
Q9550
4gig(2x2g) OCZ Platinum Edition DDR3 1600 ([email protected])
Sapphire 4850
Weatern Digital 640gig HD
Rosewill Stallion 600 watt PSU
Windows Vista 64

I see the Logo screen, then lots of text flashes (summary or post I think) that ends with successful, goes to a black screen where I wish for the Windows loading bar to show but nothing happens. The fans keep spinning but the screen stays blank. The error code is FF. I have flashed the bios to P07 (the latest version) but no dice.http://www.ocforums.com/oc_images/images/smilies/banghead.gif

If you have a close setup to mine could you please post the bios settings? I have spent all of this money for a paperweight with pretty lights, it is depressing.:bang head

did you set the timings and voltages for the memory in bios?

Back