• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Core Athlon Neo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cant.Touch.This

Does anyone know when these will be on retail (or e-retail)?

I've seen the 12.1" HP laptops carry the single core version but I haven't seen the dual core version in stores. I am aware that they offer it directly through their website but it's a bit costly to have them custom build it, ship it, and tax me. I wanted to know mainly cause I was about to actually buy the HP until a fellow shopper at Best Buy advise me that it'd be best to wait for the dual core version.

And probably to add more to the thread, are there any results on dual core Neo's performance, battery life, etc.?

Thanks for any info on this.

The battery life is not that great. I would wait for AMDs new 45nm PII based mobile parts to come out. Should be launching very soon.

Really now... any more info on them? Now I'm more interested :p.

EDIT: Are we talking about this?

Tigris platform (2009)

Mobile platform planned for 2009. This new platform will feature the 45nm dual core Caspian CPU with support for DDR2 800MHz memory. It will use the RS880M chipset which supports up to 12 USB 2.0 ports and six SATA connections along with DVI/HDMI video outputs. The graphics will be provided by the M9x-series GPU which is said to have a new display engine with support for DirectX 10. The Tigris platform will be used in 14-inch or larger notebooks and the Yukon platform will cater to 13-inch or smaller laptops.

Last edited:
mapjpg.gif

I managed to find this, I honestly thought Caspian would support DDR3 but I haven't been following this until recently so my expectations for it may have been high. But to explain myself, I've seen one of the Core 2 Solo (I actually thought these were dual cores at first :confused:) laptops offered by ASUS carry DDR3 so I kinda figured AMD wouldn't be that far.

Back