• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Mid range x58 Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silenceme

I've read up a fair bit on whats available and there just doesn't seem to be a consensus on a mid-range "king" of sorts...

So now i'm asking before I go nuts reading any more...

I will also be considering going Xfire so at the very least i would want the ability for 2x 16 pci-e and enough spacing between slots to do so. I'm doubtfull I will require more then 6GB of ram, unless proven otherwise.. I would be happy to get a 3.8Ghz+ OC but will be using Akasa AK-FN057 Apache fans to keep the noise down. Will play games, transcode video, photoshop and general surfing.... :)

Build so far.
Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ)
Thermalright IFX-14
Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C7
ATI 4890 - may wait out for 5870
Corsair HX 850W ATX
2x WD RE3 500GB - Raid 0
CM HAF 932

So what would you suggest for a mobo or anything else I am looking at for that matter..

Cheers :beer:

Any of the following mid range boards will fullfill and exceed your expectations...

Gigabyte X58 UD4P, DFI X58 JR, Foxconn Bloodrage, EVGA X58 LE

I have used them all and they will easily clock your 920 to 4.5 GHz ...YMMV off course

Any of the following mid range boards will fullfill and exceed your expectations...

Gigabyte X58 UD4P, DFI X58 JR, Foxconn Bloodrage, EVGA X58 LE

I have used them all and they will easily clock your 920 to 4.5 GHz ...YMMV off course

Cheers Brolloks!.. I might lump for a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 since its only a few quid more then UD4... Now i just need to hold out for some firm details for 58XX or buy a 4890...

Back