• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to intel and overclocking -- need some mobo advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rmachine138

Hello everyone. I've lurked these boards for a long time but have never posted anything until now. I'm building a new gaming rig and need some advice choosing a motherboard. I purchased a i7 920 at frys yesterday during their one day sale, and came home to do some reasearch on a motherboard. I used to use msi boards for all of my amd builds, but some of the reviews I have been reading for the msi intel boards concern me. I plan on overclocking some (air cooling - TRUE) and running sli 2x gtx 260s with 2x 2gb of ddr3 ram. I'd like to keep the board under $200 if possible. Any input you could give me would be great. Thanks.

Any of the following mid range boards will fulfill and exceed your expectations...

Gigabyte X58 UD4P, DFI X58 JR, Foxconn Bloodrage, EVGA X58 LE

I have used them all and they will easily clock your 920 to 4.5 GHz ...YMMV off course

I can't say it any better...

Back