• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tips on how to restore BIOS after a bad OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grishenko45

I would like to start a thread on restoring your BIOS after either a bad OC or a failed BIOS flash - I don't know if there is an existing one - if so I' sorry! -

On my old rig using an Asus 680i chipset I went through 3 mobo's with either bad OC's or failed flashing of BIOS - because the bios recovery was RUBBISH! And as you all know Asus RMA's are a joke! When the 1st BIOS flash was done it said "Update Successful" then It wouldn't post at all! When I went to RMA it they immediately put the blame on me! Which I didn't like at all - they were constantly saying "Did you follow the instructions properly" etc...I've updated BIOS' before and they went fine - but this 680 was terrible!

But now my new rig has 2 bios chips so i cant erase it ever and it will restore itself!!

Back on track - if you could say you're mobo if its not in sig and if it was an OC related bios failure - and how you restored it that would be great!!

BIOS failures are the worst things!! See if this thread can help people with corrupt bios' or failure to post etc...

auto resets on my P5ND

unless you screw with the ram then you need to do the jumpers and take out the battery

It used to auto reset on my 1st mobo - the P5N32e-sli - that was an easy overclocker!!

Back