• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Asus P5KPL -VM Ocing E4500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

esperasoppa

Registered
Hi guys, I'm currently trying to OC the E4500 on the Asus P5KPL -VM, I posted a thread on the Intel CPU forum, and they directed me here, where there are more experts on this particular board.

This is my current config:
E4500
Asus P5KPL -VM
2GB RAM
450W PSU
all stock fans

I tried oc the CPU to 300Mhz with a x9, but the computer didn't turn on. Memory was set at 667, I don't see what is wrong considering I've heard ppl pushed this boy to 3Ghz with ease. Any suggestion on what I'm doing wrong?

Lastly, I read the manual to find the reset BIOS jumper, but I dont think there is one in this board, if so, would removing the CMOS battery help with reseting the BIOS?

The Clear RTC RAM (CLRTC) jumper on that board is located on the lower RH corner; section: 1.9 Jumpers, page 25 of the PDF...

http://www.adax.pl/download/instrukcje/plyty_glowne-asus_P5KPL_VM.pdf

Using a E4500 w/ a default bus speed of 800MHz w/ the DRAM frequency set to 667MHz equals a 3:5 ratio; 200 / 667 NB strap. By increasing the FSB from the default of 200 to 300MHz using the same ratio results in an effective DRAM freq. of 1000MHz, which was the cause of the "no POST". Assuming your RAM is DDR2-667, and your only DRAM frequency choices are AUTO, 667MHz, and 800MHz (w/ no RAM timings options), the FSB is going to be severely limited. If you have DDR2-800 you could probably bump the FSB to around 250MHz or so, using the default 11x multiplier, for an effective clock of 2.75GHz (depending on the quality of RAM.)

Yup I believe my rams are 800Mhz, I'll try everything again, hopefully with your insight ill be able to push it to 2.7ghz. If say however I want to push it to 3Ghz, what do you say I should do, also I just bought the OCZ vendetta (on the way) so cooling shouldnt be a problem.

Yup I believe my rams are 800Mhz, I'll try everything again, hopefully with your insight ill be able to push it to 2.7ghz. If say however I want to push it to 3Ghz, what do you say I should do, also I just bought the OCZ vendetta (on the way) so cooling shouldnt be a problem.

My Core 2 Duo E4500 does 2.7 easy!

Possibly 2.8 Ghz with stock voltages.

mine e4500 is runing at 3,01ghz stable,and i want to oc it more :)

my gpu is also oc-ed from 450/500 to 630/580 - nvidia 7300ge/7200gs

Back