• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

future power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzman

im sure this has come up but how are they.. i ordered a 400 watt one for like 40 bucks i think (might have been more or less i forget it was some time ago) it came in a retail box with a 80mm fan on the back (not bottom) the extra plug for P4 motherboards and 6 power for HD, and cdroms and 2 for floppy drives..

here is what it says on label

AC - input - 115vac 7a 50/60hz 230vac 4a 50/60hz

DC Output = +3.3v, +5v, +12v, -5v, -12v, +5vsb
15a 30a 15a 0.6a 0.6a 2.0a

(line up the numbers with the a under the v ones and thats how it looks on my powersupply)

so what u think of it??

Last edited:
I have one, but I'm not sure what I think about it. I haven't had any problems but I just posted a problem that may be related to my power supply. It seems to be consistent though.

I bought one of them for a backup PSU at the last Computer Show. The +5V output from the PSU starts to collapse as soon as the core voltage gets to appx. 1.95V and above, on my HSF test setup. If you do not want to overclock very much, it will suffice.

Hoot

hmm well that blows but i think i will still look into that vcore mod..

found another PSU

L&C

Model LC-300ATX

INPUT
115/230v ~ 7/4A
60/50hz

OUTPUT

+3.3v 14A
+5v 25A
+12v 10A
+5VSB 1A
-5V 035A
-12V 0.5A

i was thinking if this does a better job at a higher vcore then i would use this 300 watt just for motherboard and the other 400 for the drives and fans.. what do u think?

Last edited:
I now do not advise this power supply. My supply and another problem caused a me to end up buying a new motherboard and processor, when I didn't need them. The ATX power connector apparently went bad some how. Cheaper is not always better as I found out.

Back