• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R, enough for overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phanatic

Hey guys,

Im gonna buy a new i5 system soon and i havent decided on a motherboard yet

In term of features, i dont really care because all have minimum of 6 sata ports which is plentty for me, im gonna use only 1 graphics card (im using a 26" TV which is 1366x768 so no SLI/CF needed here, just a single card) and i dont care for firewire, esata or s/pdif out.

My only concern is, like all of you, Overclocking :cool:
im gonna use air cooling for now (the new noctua SE2 or ill wait for the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B) but water cooling may be an option for me later on..

Anyways, i want to run my i5 atleast at 3.8Ghz (4Ghz will be great, i dont need more then that!)
Will the UD3R is a good choise and will do the work? or maybe i should be safe and take the UD4P?

(i only want gigabyte boards)

Thanks

If it's anything like the P45 UD3R it should be a good OC board. I'd look for screen shots of the UD3R BIOS and compare to the UDP4 (there should be plenty of those around) to see what it will let you play with. Chances are that it's going to do a decent job but not break and world records :)

Back