• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marcusmiller360

Registered
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9486237&type=product&id=1218112691501

First: Best Buy now sells motherboards?

Second: that is a hell of a price on a LGA1366 motherboard. It doesn't have a whole lot of features, but if you only want to run a single GPU (or a dual PCB GPU) and are fine with just USB support, then add on a sound card or something and you are done.

Its almost as inexpensive as a LGA1156 solution. In fact, given than the cheapest triple channel kits aren't much more than a decent dual channel set, and that in some places you can get a good combo deal for a decent triple channel set with an i7, I'd say its about even. Unless you want better audio, and then, you need a sound card.

eh, typo, P55 chipset is not for LGA1366, it is for LGA1156. you can get cheaper boards at newegg. i would suggest the Asrock P55M pro@94 first before the intel one. as the Arock board has ocing features, how it does, dunno. I will find out this weekend...

the name of the game is to make money, if they can sell mobo,ect. they will to make more green.....

I would imagine someone who buys a motherboard at Best Buy will most likely have their "team" install it and wipe their hard drive clean. All this for only a few hundred dollars.

Would be interesting to see them try install this into a 1366-based computer though...

eh, typo, P55 chipset is not for LGA1366, it is for LGA1156. you can get cheaper boards at newegg. i would suggest the Asrock P55M pro@94 first before the intel one. as the Arock board has ocing features, how it does, dunno. I will find out this weekend...

the name of the game is to make money, if they can sell mobo,ect. they will to make more green.....

Hmmm... someone buy a 1366 CPU, take it to Best Buy with an empty case and necessary hardware, show them the web page and offer to buy that board if they would assemble it. I'm sure they'd check and see the CPU is 1366 and the board is "1366" and accept the work.

Watch them suffer when they find out your 1366 CPU is too big for a 1156 socket they claim is a 1366 socket.

Back