• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5Q Deluxe Overclock help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sumguy

Registered
Below are some posted screen's i took any suggestions be great

I noticed when i had dram static control i think it was enbaled system wouldnt boot. Once i disabled it booted right up..
right now im at 4370mhz or so.. cpu gets a lil warm under small ftt like 65-70c Is there any of those voltages i can tweek to maybe get the cpu voltage down?
Also could anyone be so kind to fill me in on the max nb volts u should go.. I know fsb is 1.3 with no more then 1.4 on a 45nm bc it kills chips..

http://img34.imageshack.us/i/dsc00646av.jpg/

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/dsc00647l.jpg/

http://img2.imageshack.us/i/12506434.jpg/

I guess i should add what else i got..

E8500, 275 gtx ftw, 4gb of corsair xms 650w thermaltake psu, 2 160 WD raptors inr aid 0, um

I had an E8400 C0 on the P5Q Deluxe, so I MIGHT be able to help.

what speed is that memory rated at?

For your voltages try:

CPU VOLTAGE: 1.4
CPU GTL (0/2): 0.635
CPU GTL (1/3): 0.670
CPU PLL: 1.6
FSB TERM: 1.4

everything else the same. this will give me an idea of where your chip stands. I got 4.5 on my E8400 with those voltages (had to bump the vcore just a bit to get it 100% stable)

Last edited:
The ram is 800mhz i got it at 941mhz right now.
I thought u wanetd to stay away from 1.4v on fsb at all possible

why? the whole point of it being there is so that you can adjust it to control the amount of noise (variations in voltage regulation) along with the PLL. if anything, the PLL is what most people suggest staying away from, but honestly, the E8XXX chips a freaking ROCKS, so I don't think it will hurt it any. but you may want someone else to put their opinion in on this.

I am 1 man, and there is a whole forum of people here that can help as well.

FSB Termination Voltage (VTT) shouldn't need to be increased past 1.20v w/ an FSB of only 460 MHz. Actually max. VTT for a 45nm is 1.45v, but you shouldn't need to apply anywhere near that voltage even at 500MHz. The PLL Vcc spec. is 1.5v +/- 5% = 1.45 - 1.55v, and again w/ an FSB of only 460MHz regardless of NB strap, PLL voltage shouldn't need to be increased past the default of 1.5 - 1.55v. A vNB / vMCH of 1.3 - 1.35v should be about right at 460 MHz and 2 x 2GB of RAM on a P45.

Last edited:
Dont run CPU Margin Enhancement in performance mode. I noticed on my P5Q's (all 3 of them) that it would create alot of instability in an overclock and really does nothing to help you. Also, @ 1.44v @ 4.37ghz on a C0, thats not bad at all. Pretty decent overclock. As long as you stay about 20c from TJMax (no more than 80c) you are fine on temps.

FSB Termination Voltage (VTT) shouldn't need to be increased past 1.20v w/ an FSB of only 460 MHz. Actually max. VTT for a 45nm is 1.45v, but you shouldn't need to apply anywhere near that voltage even at 500MHz. The PLL Vcc spec. is 1.5v +/- 5% = 1.45 - 1.55v, and again w/ an FSB of only 460MHz regardless of NB strap, PLL voltage shouldn't need to be increased past the default of 1.5 - 1.55v. A vNB / vMCH of 1.3 - 1.35v should be about right at 460 MHz and 2 x 2GB of RAM on a P45.

yes, but what should be and what is, is most of the time 2 different things. Im just giving him ideas that might help him be able to lower his vCore and temps. and like he said, dont run it in performance mode. I ran mine in optimized mode.

I ended up statying at 4202 @ 1.42vcore(1.435 in bios) 467FSB 9x muti, I turned performance mode to optimized, Also changed the fsb down to 1.2. I for couldnt keep it at 4.3 ram couldnt handle the oc. Not to mention the temps went up like 5c on idle and load was pretty bad for 100 mhz or so.. not worth the extra stress on it.. Idk goal is to get that vcore down from i have it at now.. not really having any luck

Back