• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com logo design contest!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Last updated: 09/18/2009

Ladies and gentlemen,

As you probably know, overclockers.com is being integrated with the forums under a unified command structure headed by iNet and JoeC.
You may find more details here:-> http://www.ocforums.com/announcement.php?f=78&a=51

As a consequence of this venture, the traditional overclockers.com page is undergoing a complete revamp, both aesthetically and back-end wise.

We would like you, our members to come up with logo designs for our new front-page/landing page. Remember, this is your community so go ahead and help us out with your mad photochopping skillz. If your logo(s) are selected, you will receive a surprise in the mail. ;)

A few details:
Contest opens: Today 09/18/2009
Contest Ends: Next week, Sunday 09/27/2009 12:00
Venue: This thread! :)

Good luck!

-Forum Staff.

Are there any specifics so far as a color scheme or the like, or is what is currently being used going to be what's used?

Also, what sort of image size ultimately is going to be used for the selected logo?

Details regarding image size will be posted soon. No constraints on the color scheme, but it would be nice if the overall feel integrates with the forums. For now, I'd suggest putting up your work without worrying about the size or symmetry.

Details regarding image size will be posted soon. No constraints on the color scheme, but it would be nice if the overall feel integrates with the forums. For now, I'd suggest putting up your work without worrying about the size or symmetry.

hmmm seems interesting.. May see what I can come up with provided I have enough spare time.

With only one weeks worth of time some base rules would help..

The design of the site will be built around the logo. The design of the logo is the important part - size, color, format, all that can be tweaked/refined for the final revision, if necessary.

The logo should be tied into the name of the site, "Overclockers". A simple, stylish, recognizable logo would be most desireable.

of course, you only run the contest while i'm away on vacation!

Wish I had the skills...sadly...I don't.

I'm surprised there haven't been any submissions yet!

Matt

I emailed captain slug and haven't heard anything back - I also tried tracking him down elsewhere on the internet, but didn't find a trace.

I'm not sure who else does graphic design stuff, tho we've had more interest in the past with these sorts of competitions.

why did I just now see this?

give me a day or 2, and I'll have something together.

Check your email that you have registered on the forums - I sent out a mailshot, you should have something in your inbox, unless you refused contact from forum administrators.

I've got some PS skills, but I'm a little short for ideas. Plus, I kinda like the logo we already have... why not just use that?

Pinky: The forums are going to become part of overclockers.com, and we'll share a logo, and be under the same "overclockers" brand so to speak. I like our current logo also, but the new logo should include overclockers rather than OC Forums. If you want to remake our current logo, with Overclockers rather than OC Forums, that'd be a welcome contribution I'd be interested in seeing.

errr... I dont have you guys blocked, and you aren't in my spam box... eh, oh well, I know now, so no harm done.

I'm more concerned that maybe others didn't get the email either. :(

Pinky: The forums are going to become part of overclockers.com, and we'll share a logo, and be under the same "overclockers" brand so to speak. I like our current logo also, but the new logo should include overclockers rather than OC Forums. If you want to remake our current logo, with Overclockers rather than OC Forums, that'd be a welcome contribution I'd be interested in seeing.

I see, hadn't considered the different names (being old school they've always been one-in-the-same to me). I recognize the font, I think it's available on a free font download page somewhere. Not sure about the lightning bolt, but that's probably snagged from somewhere as well. I'll look into it this afternoon.

I'm resending the mailshot, and doing it by userid this time. As long as your account says accept admin emails you should be receiving this mail sometime today.

Did not get any e-mail either from you about this?
For what it's worth, I didn't either. ocforums.com & overclockers.com are both whitelisted domains in my spam manager. No photoshopping skills here, just thought I'd let you know. Feel free to delete this after you see it. :santa:

EDIT - Receive email from admins is also checked.

Resending the email now, doing it by every 10,000 userid's... this will take some time to complete.

252 views on the thread now, that should go up a bit if people are getting the email and clicking the link.

EDIT: complete, email sent successfully reported by vbulletin. I received the email fine, many others should have also.

Last edited:
Back