• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need a new laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

Well my laptops warranty ran out back in Jan of this year and is now starting to die on me, so now I need a new one, I need one that is 1000 or less, can play lineage 2, wow and if possible source based games but if not game like wow or lineage would be good enough

MBP = Mac Book Pro

ah i guess i should add that it HAS to be windows based, i would rather not try and get programs i use on a daily basis working on a mac or linux

EDIT: also i couldnt find a mac book pro at that price just a mac book

Last edited:
for that price point, just go with the MBP. It takes all of 30 minutes to A) install windows on the mac with Boot Camp, letting you boot straight into windows itself, you won;t even have to use the OS X side at all. or B) Install windows on VMWare Fusion, so you can run windows OVER OS X and get the perks of both, while sacrificing a little speed on both sides. No offence to PC-Laptop-ists, but please dont buy that piece of plastic that is just gonna melt with that nice 240M in it. Not to mention that a deaf geriatric would be able to hear it a mile away.

for that price point, just go with the MBP. It takes all of 30 minutes to A) install windows on the mac with Boot Camp, letting you boot straight into windows itself, you won;t even have to use the OS X side at all. or B) Install windows on VMWare Fusion, so you can run windows OVER OS X and get the perks of both, while sacrificing a little speed on both sides. No offence to PC-Laptop-ists, but please dont buy that piece of plastic that is just gonna melt with that nice 240M in it. Not to mention that a deaf geriatric would be able to hear it a mile away.

well yeah i could do that but i dont want too, i just want a windows based laptop so i can install what i need without jumping through hoops to get stuff working or to install software to get stuff working

Do you have a Cotsco nearby? If so I would pick up an MSi notebook from one since they have good prices and you get a free extended warranty.

Since you don't seem to care to much about specs I also suggest looking at business class machines like from Asus and Samsung as they generally last longer and can come with extended warranties if you get them from the right places.

Do you have a Cotsco nearby? If so I would pick up an MSi notebook from one since they have good prices and you get a free extended warranty.

Since you don't seem to care to much about specs I also suggest looking at business class machines like from Asus and Samsung as they generally last longer and can come with extended warranties if you get them from the right places.

as far as i know there are no costcos around here but i have seen lots of people with their cards so im not real sure

Well i think whatever has the fastest cpu probably? since source games are very cpu dependent i think.

As for what book well i'm a asus fanboi with desktop parts and their laptops/netbooks lol.

Well i think whatever has the fastest cpu probably? since source games are very cpu dependent i think.

As for what book well i'm a asus fanboi with desktop parts and their laptops/netbooks lol.

lol i hear ya i got a friend with a asus laptop and he plays eve online on it all the time

Back