• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lugnat

Registered
I have a 20,000 btu AC hosed into my case.. I have noticed condemnation starting to collect at the beginning of the hose into the tower.. Does anyone know of a good de-humidifier and will this fix my problems? As of this moment I have been using it for about 16 days and it just started today. I was thinking of buying a stand-alone dehumidifier and hosing it right into the beginning of the hose on the ac (it is being exhausted out by an old dryer outlet (was a really big laundry room until I turned it into my workstation) It is keeping my inards nice and cool... Around 15c idle and in the 16 days it has been hooked up has never gone about 27c after Prime 95 and other stress tests running while playing games etc and so on..

Any suggestions?? As the ac is hidden and I spose I can hide a stand-alone dehumidifier as well I just dont want condensation getting into my pc!

Condemnation?? You mean CONDENSATION. :)

What you found is exactly the problem with cooling things with ACs. Its not a good idea. It is difficult to control and this why not many people do this on a 24/7 basis.

My suggestion is to get into watercooling and cool it the right way instead of ghetto rigging the AC and killing your components. :)

:screwy: Yes I dont know why my spell check said condemnation lol.. Guess I should check what spell check puts in therr in case I misspell a word..

I was looking into water-cooling but I was waiting till Christmas when I am building a new box (Intel) Will disconnect the ac tonight. Dont want my innards shorting out!

Thanks and thanks for the laugh lol

Back