• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old server down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben333

Folding for Team 32!
Not sure if this was only an accident anyway, but ever since the upgrade on the front page I've been able to access the site in its original form at the site's IP (http://63.74.115.230/) but that doesn't work anymore. This was handy for finding old articles, also easier to read. For the old articles too, the formatting was better and more pictures worked. If that older site version is still kicking around, an archive.overclockers.com or something similar would be nice.

The full site was nice though, wondering what happened.

I see terrible formatting or total slowness. Not exactly the same. Maybe I just didn't find a lucky date yet, anyway my question was about the old server.

the IP appears to have changed, so i'm guessing that iNet has changed the site over to their host and canceled the old hosting provider. I'm surprised the old IP was still working until just recently tho, since it's been over a year since the site was changed to a new box.

I was surprised too, and since the IP brought you to the site that meant the old OC was the main site running on that server, or it was a dedicated box. I figured Joe kept it up, I wasn't aware iNet had anything to do with OverClockers.com until few days ago.

inet had nothing to do with overclockers until last week. it was separate. but, about a year ago, with the last redesign, the old overclockers.com was moved from a cohosted box to a dedicated box within the same hosting company. the old cohosted account should have been closed but I guess that never happened. I'm guessing inet finished the transition to their own server this week which totally closed all accounts at the old hosting company

edit: i keep saying cohosted which is probably the wrong word, but i mean it was one account on a shared server, probably with thousands of other accounts.

There's going to be a complete redesign by iNet with our input and full integration with the forums.

I want to thank Bret for becoming the irresistible force that finally moved an unmovable object when he redesigned the overclocker.com site last year and got rid of that old gray mare we had for years.

The new site was a step in the right direction, no doubt. But that old gray that you've seem to forgotten so easily had a lot of meaning to me. Honestly I think it looked great, was easy to navigate and easy to read. Its nice for the old articles, and old links. Formatting and pictures have problems on imported older articles now.

yeah importing the old articles was a huge problem...the old site wasn't really the cleanest coded site.

Back