• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

someone please help me find an upgrade screen for my laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GruffiGummi

so my laptop is a dell e6500 with a 15.4" wxga 1280x800 lcd

the same model is available with led backlit wxga+ 1440x900 and led wuxga 1920x1200

mine is not led backlit. could i upgrade my screen to either of the above? ive been trying to hunt down parts to no avail. help plzzz

what i think i mean is: can i change from a 1 ccfl lcd to an led backlit screen with no problems? i know the cathode uses an inverter but led doesnt. should the ribbon cable to the motherboard be the same?

Thats hard to say as everything notebook is proprietary. Sound like it would be a direct swap, but you can never tell unless you have someones report who did the same thing. Dig through the Dell forum for your laptop, could be a common upgrade. As far as sourcing the screen, you might check ebay for busted laptops with working screens.

what i think i mean is: can i change from a 1 ccfl lcd to an led backlit screen with no problems? i know the cathode uses an inverter but led doesnt. should the ribbon cable to the motherboard be the same?

Yes, it is the same and will plug right in. Make sure you use the ribbon cable for the new screen and not the old one. Other than that it is fully compatible on dells.

Back