• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about trading P6T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infected_

hi guys. i own a P6T regular, and im thinking of buying a P6T Deluxe V2, because i think i can get lower voltages on the vcore and qpiv ((currently need 1.37v vcore (cpu-z) for 4200mhz)), and it has the 21x multi throttle down fixed with the unofficial bios (0006 or 0007) and support xeons also (unlocked multis), which im thinking of buying im a few months.

Do you guys think its a good choice? or isn't worth trading it for p6t regular? or which other board you recommend that fits what ive said?

regards,

infected_

when i was researching the p6t vs the p6t v2, i found the only difference between the boards is the sata ports ( something about some useless technology that was removed )

so i dont think going from regular > v2 will change you overclock at all, if you want to go a stage higher that the p6t deluxe, then go for the ex58-extreme, it is the best overclock, i have it and my first ever boot had my i7 at 4.4ghz....and like 100c.

if you need lower voltages possibly try a different bios, or even a different chip and search via differenrt batch's possibly you have a bad batch?

my mobo is not a deluxe... is just a P6T... the simplest there is. i heard ppl that exchange mobo to superior ones, and were able to lover voltages.. and theres also the issue about the x21 multi throttle and the xeon support... :s currently there are no bios for p6t normal that does that.

Back