• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-DS3R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

I put a 505J P4 in this mobo which is suppose to work and system just keeps restarting itself. Chip works in a UD3R mobo. Any ideas what the problem may be, running a E8600 in it now but kind of waste for a movie storage rig.:(

Can you get into the BIOS? Do you get a POST screen? Or, is the OS trying to load but panicking?

Never gets to bios screen. No screen at all starts, within seconds shuts down and restarts. Running F10 bios.

I have have had the same problem and what i found to fix it was resting everything buy takeing the battery out

I had same problem with a Celeron chip on GP-P45-UD3P. It's on the Gigabyte list of processors which are suppose to run on the board. I even upgraded to bios where it was suppose to support it but never got it to run on P45 it just keeps cycling. It ran fine on a P35.

I had same problem with a Celeron chip on GP-P45-UD3P. It's on the Gigabyte list of processors which are suppose to run on the board. I even upgraded to bios where it was suppose to support it but never got it to run on P45 it just keeps cycling. It ran fine on a P35.

Yeah makes no sense they say it suppose to run, but it will not.:bang head

Back