• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know what post code error AA is?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeffreydc

Registered
The manual says: "uninstall post int1ch vector and int09h vector"

I have Googled myself to death...that doesnt sound right does it...and have yet to find anyone who knows how in the hell to FIX this problem. Every site just states what it is. Anyone...Anyone?

What motherboard?

I checkec phoenix, Award and AMI and non said what you said.

One was about a keyboard issue (scan for F2 keystroke- I assume this is probably for OEM bioses and special input keys for accessing setup etc) , other was "AA - Initialization after E000 option ROM control has completed. Displaying the system configuration next."

Have you tried resetting CMOS, moving/removing ram etc?

Welcome to the forums...What OS are you running? Did you look at MS dot com to see if it can be fetted out there?

This sounds like a hdd issue...I will look into what I can find for you :)

Edit: after some researching, it appears there is a problem in handing over the interupt handler to another vector and I don't claim to understand what that means...
You should re-set the bios and go into the setup program and use optimum or default values for the reset.
after that, you should be able to clock it back to where you were, unless the overclock caused the anomaly.
You should also look to see if there is an update to your bios..and BTW, that is an AMI bios just in case you didn't know :)
Nevermind the hdd issue... I was wrong.

Last edited:
Hey guys thanks. I figured out it was AMI but didnt have any luck on their site. Im in the process right now of reinstalling Vista 32 and then Im going to buy and download Vista 64 and hopefully it will all come out alright. They are offering a free upgrade to 7 when it comes out so I figured why wait a month running 32 bit. If I still get this error it must be ONLY hardware related I would think. We shall see.

Thanks again.

Back