• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to oc my p5e deluxe+e8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brando37

hello, Ok Ive been trying to do this since two days ago and I still cannot get it :bang head,I am trying to oc my e8400 that is on a p5e deluxe mobo,but everytime I change the multiplier and the fsb the damn bios keeps changing my memory spd,so Ive done some research on it and Ive came upon the fact I might have to unlink my cpu and my memory but how?? I dont see any setting in the bios to do this,if anyone can help on this matter it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Take the FSB Strap to North Bridge setting off AUTO, and manually set it to a specific strap. For example w/ DDR2-800 RAM and a default FSB of 333MHz, adjust it for a 5:6 ratio (333/800 strap) for an effective 800MHz DRAM frequency.

Take the FSB Strap to North Bridge setting off AUTO, and manually set it to a specific strap. For example w/ DDR2-800 RAM and a default FSB of 333MHz, adjust it for a 5:6 ratio (333/800 strap) for an effective 800MHz DRAM frequency.

ok,I got 1066 is there a way to get it closer to that frequency instead of 800 or should I just run it under what its rated?

For DDR2-1066 MHz RAM running at a FSB of 333 MHz, change the NB / MCH strap to 333/1066; 5:8 FSB : DRAM ratio.

For DDR2-1066 MHz RAM running at a FSB of 333 MHz, change the NB / MCH strap to 333/1066; 5:8 FSB : DRAM ratio.

changing the nb fsb to 333 allowed me to select 1066 only if the fsb freq was set at 333 also so I tinkered a bit and brought the nb up to 400 and gradually brought fsb freq up to 400 and its running at 3.6 at stock voltage and my memory is the speed its supposed to be at 1.9 v so far so good Im doing stress testing with prime95 so we'll see how it goes,Unlike many of the bios ive seen this one doesnt let me do much manually without changing everything else but Ive managed to get the speed where I wanted about 3.5 to 3.6 so all it needs to do now is pass the torture test and Ill be happy.Thank you redduc for the help I appreciate it.

Back