• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heavily armed Vet with barricaded close to campus [Indianapolis]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
If anybody is in the Indianapolis area and goes to IUPUI, I'd suggest you stay away from campus today. A young serviceman (with PTSD according to the news) has barricaded himself in the Lockfield gardens apartment complex (a stones throw away from campus).

I got a phone alert this morning informing me that certain parking facilities were unavailable. Not really worried, I walked to campus and found out about the situation. If you are on campus, stay away from the Blackford street parking areas and Indiana Avenue.

News reports say that the person is armed with a high power rifle and plenty of ammo. Although campus cops and IMPD have blocked access, they cannot be everywhere. SWAT have been called in and you never know how it is going to go down.

If you are on campus, get to the basement (come see me in the LD building LD056-Quantum Optics Lab).

Stay safe!

S-N

PS#
--
I'm not too worried but I hope the situation is resolved without gunfire. :(

Last edited:
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/mobile/SWAT_situation_at_Lockfield_Gardens

People evacuated from Lockfield Gardens

Authorities say someone is barricaded inside

Updated: Tuesday, 29 Sep 2009, 7:28 AM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 29 Sep 2009, 5:28 AM EDT

• Edited by Heather Chastain
Police are now evacuating a number of people at Lockfield Gardens during a SWAT situation.

Authorities are moving people who live closest to the apartment where the man is barricaded to the clubhouse at the complex.

Authorities say a man in his mid-twenties has barricaded himself inside an apartment at Lockfield Gardens around 4:00 a.m Tuesday morning.

IMPD has called a negotiator to the scene because the man is armed with at least one high power rifle with a substantial amount of ammunition. Authorities say the man may also have a handgun.

Police say the man who barricaded himself inside the apartment is a war veteran who has served three tours of duty. Authorities say the man may be suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Authorities say a person who is described as a friend or roommate is helping with the investigation. He is telling authorities how many guns and much ammunition is inside the apartment.

Back