• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over/Underclocking HP Mini 1030

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
Anyone know how to do it? I've looked around and found stuff for the MSI Wind and EeePC but that's all... i really would like to push this thing to 2GHz for power and 800MHz for battery if at all possible.

I think you're essentially stuck with opening it up and finding the PLL chip and reading the part number on it, then hoping SetFSB (or whatever you prefer) supports it.
Atom cpus downclock a lot when they aren't loaded anyway, down to 800 actually i think. If you set it for Maximum Battery in power profiles (don't know what it's called in vista, that's it's XP name) you'll see the CPU lock itself to 800mhz or so (i might be dreaming and it's 1200, today isn't a good brain day, i woke up about half dead, been improving so i'm only about 10% dead now, but my brain is largely in that 10%).

Lol, i'm running win7 on it, and it only goes down to 1200. I wish it was 800 :(

I was thinking that if there's a way, that i'd find it here... guess there's a not a way lol

Or at least not an easy way...

Back