• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1156 Motherboards + Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matalim

Hi guys. Just wondering if you had to install any drivers from the vendor or did you just let the Windows 7 use the default ones? I noticed that most of the drivers are from 2006 and i'm not sure if they'll be optimized at all for current boards.

I have an MSI GD80 and that only drivers that I saw was ethernet, raid, and usb host controller.

Thanks!

Good morning, welcome to OCF! :welcome:

The socket was just released, sure hope the drivers are slightly newer than 2006. As a general rule, I always go to the manufacturer of the device (i.e. Intel for the chipset, Realtek for sound, Marvel for LAN, nVidia for video, etc.) and get the newest driver when I install a new board. The practice hasn't failed me yet.

I also always have the LAN driver handy, just in case there isn't a driver handy with the OS. Everything else you can download after that. This is much less of a problem with Windows 7 and applies more to XP, but can't hurt to have just in case.

Back