• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP P5L MX boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stanman16

Hi, my dad's computer has a P5L MX motherboard which is a budget Asus 775 board with integrated graphics. I recently bought him new ram and when I tried to boot after installing it, nothing ever came up on the screen and all I got was one long beep and two shorts beeps that came from the moterhboard.

I then tried to just put the old ram back in and I got the same exact thing. From what I've been reading, one long beep and two short ones is a video card problem, but with integrated graphics what am I supposed to do?

I already tried a variety of different ram configurations, clearing the cmos, checking the connections, but nothing seems to work. So yeah, can anybody help?

a suggestion, even though you did a cmos clear. Try doing it a different way plz. Remove the battery for the cmos, unplug the pc from the wall, set the jumper to reset position, leave it for about 15-20mins. then put everything back and try again.... if it still does it, any chance you got a spare card to try? if not something else might have happened to the motherboard. as the on-board graphics is housed in the chipset, a motherboard replacement is what it looks like atm.

Back