• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant OC E2140 on a F672CR MOBO??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VivaLaMikey

Registered
Hey all i seem to have problems trying to OC my parents Pc i got into bios and cant seem to find any oc options anyone know what the deal is specs are:
Acer F672CR Mobo
Socket 775LGA
SIS 672 Chipset
Intel E2140 Dual core cpu @1.6ghz
BIOS ID: R01-A4

i have a txt report from cpu-z if needed also some info from HWMonitor but unless needed wont waste space in thread anymore information needed just ask

Heres a few pics from bios page and everest cpuid

cpuid.png

Photo005.jpg

Photo006.jpg

Any help on this would be awesome, cheers guys

yea pre-built acer. isnt there a way to unlock OC options or something like that in a bios upgrade or whatever?

yea pre-built acer. isnt there a way to unlock OC options or something like that in a bios upgrade or whatever?

99% of the time, no. Most manufacturers use a proprietary BIOS that's different than the motherboard manufacturers' usual models. Even if you try to flash it to a retail equivalent, it'll usually fail.

mate, on the bottom pic, press freq/voltage controls....

I couldnt see the pics before

Yea will take a pic next time im round there but from memory its all dimmed if you get what i mean its all unchangeable values not sure whats its there for i guess for specs sake really will get onto reading those forums soon as at work atm so dont have time to read em or boss will tear me apart.

Hopefully im one of the 1% thats got an exception for a flashable mfr bios

cheers guys

Alright cheers for all the info and advice guys seeing as its only my parents PC and the additional RAM and VGA card i installed has seemed to make a difference speed-wise so i think i'll leave it at that dont really wanna be doing hard mods to it unless it was my own system.

Had a quick read through and decided its prob not worth it they seem to be happy with current setup so once again thanks heaps

CLOSED THREAD!

if you really want to speed it up, add a SSD drive into it. windows will load much faster as will any apps they use. though price is still the down side of SSD's.

Back