• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus RIIE or EVGA CLASSIFIED?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Damir Poljak

This is an old question but now have a different meaning. Both MB are almost the same price (~400 CAD) and I am having problem to decide what MB to buy.
I will use one evga gtx 285, (I will add one more in sli later), cosmos 1000 modified for better airflow... rest is on my rig list below.
I will purchase a MB next month so help is more than welcome.
Than you all.

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=38253&vpn=141-BL-E760-A1&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1051

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131352

RIIE got my vote! Only because I'm using it right now and was able to overclock to 4.2Ghz stable at my first attempt on AIR (Although I have not tried to find my cpu limit yet).

Last edited:
RIIE on air or water....Classified for extreme cooling...if you're have searched you question, you'd probably find the same answer a couple hundred times :rolleyes:

RIIE on air or water....Classified for extreme cooling...if you're have searched you question, you'd probably find the same answer a couple hundred times :rolleyes:

Well, yeah .:eh?: but i have red some bad customer reviews on newegg about RIIE and price for classified is the same...
I will OC it to 3.8-4.0 on air (megahalems + 120x38mm fan), I am modifying my cosmos for better airflow, and I will use one gtx 285 for start.
What do you mean: "clasified for extreme cooling"?
Thanx

What do you mean: "clasified for extreme cooling"?

Subzero... Phase Change, Dry Ice, LN2, etc...

My vote is for neither. If you're only looking to take the 920 to 4ghz, and are using 2 - 285's, there is no need for the extra expense. If you want to stay with those 2 manufacturers grab the Rampage II GENE or the eVGA E756/E757/E758. No reason to go overboard on something you're never going to see the advantages of. Just my 2 cents :beer:

RIIE got my vote! Only because I'm using it right now and was able to overclock to 4.2Ghz stable at my first attempt on AIR (Although I have not tried to find my cpu limit yet).

I did 4.0 on stock volts with the X58 Micro SLI (essentially a smaller x58 classified.)

Subzero... Phase Change, Dry Ice, LN2, etc...

My vote is for neither. If you're only looking to take the 920 to 4ghz, and are using 2 - 285's, there is no need for the extra expense. If you want to stay with those 2 manufacturers grab the Rampage II GENE or the eVGA E756/E757/E758. No reason to go overboard on something you're never going to see the advantages of. Just my 2 cents :beer:

There's a really good reason for it Nick :p increases the market share for enthusiast mobos ;) Thereby improving top end mobos in the future :beer:

if you are only going to cool with megahalems why pay so much for such a high end board?
my ex58-extreme got my to 4.4ghz ( first accidental oc )
ex58- ud4p got my 4.2 on first boot

i say go cheaper mobo, add a ssd :)

What are you recommending from avga or asus for good OC and low temp with 2 sli gtx 285 (one for beginning), i7 920 [email protected] on air, corsair 1600 7-7-7-20?
I would go for cheaper but still do not know much about MB so your help is more than welcome.
I have no intent to bench, I would like it to give good playable fps in games (crysis, MWII, Fallout 3, etc) with all close to max and res 1920x1200 with average temps and I would do graphic design - (not relevant).
I would like to try some of evga MB.
Suggestions?
Thanx

Last edited:
There's a really good reason for it Nick :p increases the market share for enthusiast mobos ;) Thereby improving top end mobos in the future :beer:

Ahahaha Miah.... Spoken like a true stock holder!!!! :p. Are you afraid they won't send you anymore boards to beat on :D

eVGA E756/E757/E758.:beer:

What are you recommending from avga or asus for good OC and low temp with 2 sli gtx 285 (one for beginning), i7 920 [email protected] on air, corsair 1600 7-7-7-20?

RIIE gets my vote all the way... I have 1st hand experience and on air this boards knocks any other board in it's price class.

All I know is the Classifieds seem to die all over the place:screwy:

had the evga sli and didnt like it at all, would only do about 212 bclk no matter what, the sli le would do 222 without a sweat, but died after a life of 2 weeks.

If you want to do 4 Ghz only then there is really no reason to spend a ton of money to get the top of the range, Rampage Gene or DFI JR, EVGA LE, Foxconn Bloodrage all of which wil give you 4Ghz in a heartbeat.

If you want to do 4 Ghz only then there is really no reason to spend a ton of money to get the top of the range, Rampage Gene or DFI JR, EVGA LE, Foxconn Bloodrage all of which wil give you 4Ghz in a heartbeat.

Thanx, I have no need to OC more than 4.0 so I believe that tis MB will be good enough for me.

Back