• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My mother board is dead but still a good laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D3s3rt3agle

Registered
I have a m-6864 fx laptop sweet *** laptop for 750 bucks had it for a year and a few weeks so the warranty is done and gateway custmer service sucks. Still tryin to get it fixed thro them but no results atm. The mother board went bad and i get power but nothin on the screen. I dont know what to do best buy dosent want to fix it they say buy a new one. So i dont know what to do with the laptop should i sell it as is or should i sell the parts, maybe reuse some of them idk. ITs a sweet laptop for the price and dont want to buy a new one any suggestions would be great.

After rereading this a few times to understand the post, get a barebones kit and replace it if you think its actually the mobo.

I see yea that what they told me at best buy that the mother board went bad. So how much do they cost and can i fit all my laptop parts into it such as graphics card hard drive ect, and were can i get a good cheap one.

...and thats where I need to step away as I dont not know. Sorry. Im sure other members more knowledgable on the subject can help though!

I like the avi! That better be the .50 cal! :)

k thx, i just dont want to waste a laptop that has one bad part, I either want to reuse it or sell it to get some decent money for my next laptop. Considering the fact that its only a year i am pretty mad. If anyone has any other suggestions would be appreciated.

How can you sell a broken laptop for decent money? I wouldnt pay $100 for a broken laptop.

For parts not for use lol, like people buy broken ipods all the time and eitehr fix them and resell or whatever and they sell for a decent price but idk just suggesting and i wasnt looking for major money hope to get maybe 200 if possible but like i said idk but i k now people buy and sell broken stuff or maybe if i sell the laptop by parts i can make some money off of it rather than throwing it away completely.

For parts not for use lol, like people buy broken ipods all the time and eitehr fix them and resell or whatever and they sell for a decent price but idk just suggesting and i wasnt looking for major money hope to get maybe 200 if possible but like i said idk but i k now people buy and sell broken stuff or maybe if i sell the laptop by parts i can make some money off of it rather than throwing it away completely.

Dude, USE SPELL CHECK. After you fix your spelling, try out some grammar.

:eek::eek:

Back