• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA P55 Classified road test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icebob

Tonight will be my first hands down with an EVGA board. So for a first try, I'll go with the big one, the P55 Classified. For the first part of my venture, I will match it with a Xeon X3470, cooled down with a Thor Hammer equiped with 2 Delta 220cfm in a push/pull configuration. I'll do the usual 2D run (super pi 1m and 32) and after that we'll go 3D. I will be running 3Dmark03, 05, 06 and Vantage Performance. All test will be done with 1, 2 and 3 ATI 5870 and with Win7 64. Stay tune for some numbers.

Last edited:
Won the first battle! Installing the Thor Hammer using the socket 775 holes..... after chasing springs all over the place and a walk outside got the thing installed. Setting up the hard drive and should be ready to rock n' roll in a bit. Here's the stock results with 1 card.

spistock14328.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

spi32stock1246250.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3d03stock76782.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3d05stock25124.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3d06stock19224.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
vantagestock16329.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

One note guys, I don't want this to turn into a deathmatch between ATI and Nvidia. I'm testing a mobo with the hardware I have. If somebody want to do the "mine is better" feel free to do so in your own thread. Thx

Last edited:
For the second round with 1 card I choose to go with the fetish 4.0ghz clock. Everything was pretty easy and the board didn't even broke a sweat doing it. I went a little higher on Vcore than I need just to make sure all bench will pass. The highest temp I've seen during Vantage is 70c! So I guess I have some room here. The gain from stock was pretty good except for Vantage... We'll see if putting in card #2 will help. Here's the scores of the benchies at 4.0 ghz

spi10469.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
spi32m918375.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3d0383425.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3d0532303.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3d0624729.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
vantage17702.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now time for round #2, let's give that lonely card a friend to play with!
Note: For round #2 and up I will skip the stock clock and go directly to 4.0ghz (It's the OC forum after all) when I'm done with all the cards in @ 4.0ghz, we'll have some fun!

Last edited:
Add the 2nd card. No OC on the card didn't push the cpu, just a conservative 4.0 ghz, let's see the scores

3d03119482.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3d0535255.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3d0627373.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
vantage23157.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As you can see the gain is there, 06 dissapoint me a little bit, but if you take a closer look, you will notice that the parts of the benchies that rely more on gpu (Canyon flight in 05 and 06) got a good bump. Now, let's get those cards another partner (threesome!)

Last edited:
Card #3 in. Let's see how it goes

3d03140014.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3d0535258.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3d0627732.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
vantage26350.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As you can see 03 and vantage took advantage of the 3rd card. Make no difference in 05 and 06....interesring. Now done with the comparaison, lets have sone fun and pust the thing!

Last edited:
I can't wait, this should be interesting!

I was thinking about stepping up my P55 FTW to the P55 Classified. Just not many reviews or results from the Classified yet for me to decide.

Good Luck! =)

This looks like some front page material waiting to happen...*wink*!

Looking forward to it ice!

sorry for the delay guys, we had a power outage for a couple hours yesterday night, will have to wait till tonight.

Very nice Bob :beer: Very interesting to see three way with the limited PCIe bandwith on Lynnfield ;)

Thx Miah, can't wait for ATI to give us some better drivers. I'm back from work, so we'll see how high I can push that thing, if there's anything you guys would like me to try lemme know, but don't ask me for 24/7 stable setting! if it pass the bench, it's stable enough to me!

Right on man...I'll be picking up some LN2 in a few hours to give my 870 it's first real run...You gotta do something about your lack of an 1156 mounting kit :(

Back