• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PinMod Pentium M 735

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

electribe

Hello, I'm from germany, so my english is not so good...

My Question:

My Laptop is an Acer Extensa 2600 (same mainboard as aspire 3610).
Chipset: i915GMS/i910GML

I was pinmodding it so the pentium m 735 (1,7ghz) is running on 2,26ghz now...

everything works fine, but my rams are still running on 400mhz (200)... they support 533, 667, 800 mhz... i don't understand this!?!

i thought it have to run on 533mhz (266)... as fast as the fsb...

can someone help me please? any ideas?

here you can see the screens of cpu-z:

i43736v94.jpg

and the same from everest:

r20972j94.jpg

fsb is 133, the cpu fsb that is from NB to cpu is 533. the NB to cpu fsb is quad pumped and the ram doesnt run from the NB-CPU fsb. it is running from the 133, using a divider that is going to pu the ram at a higher speed. you need to go into the bios and see if you can change the ram speed.

the other option would be to find a program that will flash the SPD table. then all you need to do is take the 3 profile you see in cpuz and make it profile 1 or the only profile in the table.

First things first, electribe, welcome to the madness. :welcome:

fsb is 133, the cpu fsb that is from NB to cpu is 533. the NB to cpu fsb is quad pumped and the ram doesnt run from the NB-CPU fsb. it is running from the 133, using a divider that is going to pu the ram at a higher speed. you need to go into the bios and see if you can change the ram speed.

the other option would be to find a program that will flash the SPD table. then all you need to do is take the 3 profile you see in cpuz and make it profile 1 or the only profile in the table.

If you can change the BIOS to run 1:1 (so it runs without the use of dividers), then that should fix this problem, however, I don't see how the second option listed above would help.

The ram's SPD profiles doesn't even show the 200MHz at 4-3-3-9 currently displaying in the Memory tab so it isn't a matter of choosing the right SPD or limiting it to one SPD profile, it has more to do with the mobo's BIOS stuck on running the ram at the "Auto" setting of 400MHz. Without being able to change the memory dividers to 1:1, I think that you are stuck with the ram at 400MHz.

On the bright side, the pin mod worked so this has got to have helped with the overall performance, right?

Last edited:
Back