• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evga 780i motherboard problem or what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MyPCAlexi

ok so i got my new setup (see sig) from a buddy of mine. he got this one from work because they needed to upgrade to the newer socket for better performance. needless to say i got it on the cheap cheap and it was a hella good deal. he also threw in a 8800gts (just like the one i just bought like 2 weeks before this transaction), and an e8400.

Here is where lies the problem. i installed both cards 1st slot, and one in the 2nd slot below the first...wont boot saying its in the wrong card slot. then i put it in the lowest slot (slot 3 for reference) and it boots up and even does SLI without the bridge fine. now my big concern is, do i need a special SLI bridge from EVGA to connect considering the huge gap?

any input please would be appreciated. i have SCOURED the evga 780i mobo guide and it doesnt list ANYWHERE >_< about SLI configurations/set ups.

You can get a long sli bridge... it probably came with the mobo but is probably long gone... scour ebay and im sure you will find one... i used to have one when i used a 680i, sadly its long gone too

i guess my main question is, Is this a problem with the board? or is this how it is supposed to be? i dont know too much about this 780i board. and i have not even came close to reading up on triple sli boards at all, so im kinda noobish to how this board sets up.

Back