• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus III Formula HT issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grnfinger

currently running
200x20 with HT enabled, if I disabled HT the board refuses to post regardless of what I try. I'm comming from socket 775 so the bios is little new. Is ther something I'm missing here I would think it would be harder to boot with HT enabled

any suggestions?

Extreme OV: Disabled
Full Phase Control: Full Phase
Load Line Calibration: Enabled
CPU Voltage Mode: VID
CPU Volts: 1.40
CPU PLL: 1.80
IMC: 1.53
PCH: 1.15275
Dram: 1.65

As for Virtualization I'll have to check and report back but iirc it is disabled
yes I can confirm it is disabled

Last edited:
The P55 design is much different that the X58 in that both the PCIe and RAM controller sits next to the CPU core, so applying excessive IMC or PCIe voltages impact the CPU, also the variances between the PCH voltage and the others have an effect and can leed to major crashes or data corruption. The P55 is a budget Nehalem platform so to speak and people need to recognize that. Be gentle is my overall recommendation :)

Also, I'm finding near impossible to run 4 DIMMS on my UD3R...I'll test a bit more soon.

edit - sorry, wrong thread

The P55 design is much different that the X58 in that both the PCIe and RAM controller sits next to the CPU core, so applying excessive IMC or PCIe voltages impact the CPU, also the variances between the PCH voltage and the others have an effect and can leed to major crashes or data corruption. The P55 is a budget Nehalem platform so to speak and people need to recognize that. Be gentle is my overall recommendation :)

IMC any lower than 1.39 will BSOD, priming now at 1.39volts 3 hours blend stable... temps have improved with the lower volts

Back