• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on an i7 860 system / p55-ud3r

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmoranda

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums and yes this is my first post. Please let me know if I am posting this in the wrong thread.

I have been doing some research on overclocking my i7 860 & the P55-UD3R, but the info I'm finding is much too dense for me to implement. Basically I want to configure my system for max performance and max stability (pretty typical). I work in architectural rendering and I'd like to push the system, but not enough to cause instability.

Anyway I am pretty green to overclocking and I need some help. Right now I am running my system a little past stock, but I'm not sure things are configured appropriately. I've bumped up the BCLK to 150 mhz and have set some of the settings in the BIOS to turbo and extreme, but that is about it.

Sorry if I sound dense when it comes to this, but where do I start? Do you need temps? Idle is at around 40C right now on stock cooling. I haven't collected load temps. What can I easily get away with on a stock heatsink & fan?

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you in advance.

Dustin

System Spec's:
Gigabyte P55-UD3R
Intel I7 860 w/ stock Heatsink / Fan (for now)
Antec Earthwatts 650 Watt
OCZ3G1600LV4GK 2x2GB
OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD Drive
WD 750 GB SATA 7200 RPM
PNY Geforce GTX 275

Back