• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Deluxe - RAID setup problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

erik100

Hello,

I have Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard and two identical empty hdd.
I have connected two hdd to sata1 [red] and to sata3 [black] socket.
I will use Linux OS.

In BIOS I made:

1. Enter the BIOS Setup during POST.
2. Go to the Main Menu, select IDE Configuration, then press <Enter>
3. Select the item Configure SATA As, then press <Enter> to display the configuration options.
4. Select RAID from the Configure SATA As item options, then press <Enter>.
5. Select the item Onboard Serial-ATA BOOTROM, press <Enter>, then select Enabled from the options.
6. Save your changes, then exit the BIOS Setup.

First above mentioned part is okay, I get stuck at second part of a setup:

After "CTRL+I", I enter the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Option ROM Utility, in which both of my drives are listed under "Physical Disks." Then I choose the Create RAID Volume, enter a name for it, select RAID 0 (Striped). The next option is to select the disks to add to the RAID, only it is grayed out and disabled for me! I cannot get into the select disks category and therefore I cannot set up the RAID array. What is the problem? As I said, the two drives are recognized by the main screen of the RAID setup utility, but once I try to create a RAID array it's like they don't exist anymore.

Do I need to install some drivers between first step and second "CTRL+I" step?

Thank you.

I have never worked with RAID setups, so I'm no help, but if I were you, I would read thru the stickies in this section, plus perhaps request a mod to move your question to that area, as well, for quicker help.

http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Oh yeah...I see that you are a new member so let me welcome you to the madness. :D

Back