• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Intel Chipsets..Need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott156

I've been using Nvidia chipsets for years and have recently switched over to a MB with a Intel P45 chipset. On my rigs with Nvidia chipsets I always use the latest nForce drivers from Nvidia's website not the drivers supplied by the MB manufacturer (they are usually out of date). So my question is, do you recommend installing the latest chipset drivers direct from Intel's website or stick with the latest drivers from the MB manufacturer? Do the MB manufacters modify the chipset driver to tailor them to their boards?

Thanks!

I just used the ones from the MB website. Never had a problem before. The P45 chipset you can get from Intel though.

There wont be much, if any difference. Get it from the mobo MFG

Nvidia doesnt make P45 chipsets Boulard. ;)

the MB maker will include a copy of the Intel drivers in the installation CD. You can go to Intel website directly or use the included copy.

We know. The point the OP was asking about is if he should use the ones from the MB MFG website (discs are usually outdated) or the Intel ones.

I normally use the ones from the chipset's site wether it be nvidia or intel. The ones supplied on the disk are always outdated.

I normally use the ones from the chipset's site wether it be nvidia or intel. The ones supplied on the disk are always outdated.

I second that. I would NEVER install the ones on the CD, as you don't know how long ago they were updated, and how long that motherboard has been boxed waiting to be sold.

After that I would go to the vendor's website if it's something specific like audio drivers.

Last but not least then I would use what's on the CD if I have no other choice.

Did your mom and/or dad ever tell you what to say when you have nothing nice to say?

I thought my original post was pretty clear and when Boulard83 responded by advising me to use Nvidia chipset drivers on my Intel board I thought he was being a smart@ss. That's why I responded that way. If that's not the case then I apologize to you Boulard83. However, if that is the case then I stand by my response.

Better cw823?

I thought my original post was pretty clear and when Boulard83 responded by advising me to use Nvidia chipset drivers on my Intel board I thought he was being a smart@ss. That's why I responded that way. If that's not the case then I apologize to you Boulard83. However, if that is the case then I stand by my response.

Better cw823?

The only question that remains, is did you get your answer?

Back