• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Clockgen Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murcer

Hi, whenever I try to use ClockGen to overclock my screen goes black when I click apply(the new fsb number), then it flashes from multiple colours such as dark blue, light green, red, white , grey, black, then gradient white+grey...

ClockGen forums are down atm so I don't know where else to ask, so I am hoping someone here might've had this problem before.

Thanks

P.S - Yes I did Google. Multiple times.

Welcome to the forums!

Have you successfully used clockgen and now it is not working or is this the first time to use it? What kind of system are you trying to use this on?

What was the size of the increase you input into Clockgen? Are you sure you have the right information input into clockgen so it will work with your mobtherboard?

Any reason you are not using the bios to overclock like you should (if possible of course).

Thanks for the replies.

No I have not overclocked before.
I am not putting any increase/decrease in the FBS(as of yet) but it still messes up anyway :S

I'm almost certain I can't use my bios to overclock unless there's some magic hidden option I can't see. (Phoenix 09AB Bios mean anything to you?)

I feel really bad now as i've just realised why it's almost certainly messed up... I have no patience(I know it's a terrible thing) and try to skip alot of things I don't see immediately. I was choosing random PLL's because I couldn't find mine(yes I googled and googled with no hope) and the bottom option which is W83195BG-101 which, when it read the clocks, showed my FBS as 197 which is what it is. I thought this could substitute but i'm guessing that's the problem? No others match any closer to 200.

CPU-Z-1.jpg

Did I just hear a laugh? , I really don't know but I know 1.8 Ghz is low.

If i'm like a caveman trying to make the cure for cancer with a rock just tell me and i'll stop. But someone from a PS2 emulator site recommended I at least tried to overclock so here I am. Thankyou

Last edited:
You absolutely need the right PLL or w/e in there or it will not work. You are also on a laptop I would guess and overclocking a laptop is NOT reccomended. They cannot disapate the added heat that comes along with it well at all.

So there's no hope at all? I can never play the PS2 emulator properly? (please don't make me go back to those forums) :(

And even if you knew the correct PLL, some manufacturers still have it locked down in a manner that would require a soldering iron the remedy.

Some manufacturers condone overclocking and build it into some of their notebooks such as Asus and MSI, everyone else requires you to work at it.

And even if you knew the correct PLL, some manufacturers still have it locked down in a manner that would require a soldering iron the remedy.

Some manufacturers condone overclocking and build it into some of their notebooks such as Asus and MSI, everyone else requires you to work at it.

I'd go so far as to say virtually any notebook that doesn't advertise overclocking doesn't have it. Even most of the "gamer" notebooks now have locked PLLs. GPUs are another mater entirely though, most of those seem to still be unlocked.

Back