• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purchasing new Mobo looking for feedback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chill.

Registered
Well my old mobo which was -- http://computers.pricegrabber.com/motherboards/Intel-D955XBK-Motherboard/m9154018.html -- fried :bang head

So, I will be purchasing a new one. I was thinking I would buy
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131297
Does anyone have any good/bad feedback on this? I would also like to double check and make sure all of my other hardware is compatible with it.

My specs are:
Intel Q6600 CPU
EVGA 8800 GTX
3 x 250gb Seagate HD's 2 set as Raid 0
4gb DDR2 1600 ram

I would definitely like confirmation that it all of my hardware will be compatible with it and feedback from anyone who has owned or has experience with this mobo would be awesome. Thanks in advance :santa:

+1 The P45 UD3P is the best OC board I have used. Go easy on the rebate as I just jacked on rebate for x58 UDP4 from Gigabyte.

Yes, no possibility for Crossfire with only one PCIe 16x slot and I heard for some reason it doesnt hit as high FSB as the others, but not certain.

Doesnt matter either way as your CPU will be maxed before the FSB on that board.

Wherea bout in Columbus Ohio??? I lived there for 7 years, NE and SE burbs as well as campus.

So apart from not being able to do crossfire, which I really don't have any intention of doing, there's not much difference between either of those two boards and the ones originally posted? As far as the Columbus Ohio question, If that was directed to me I'm not sure what you mean. I live in Kansas o_O

There isnt really a difference aside from what I listed.

And the Cbus question was to you. The link shows the store location as columbus ohio, but not sure if thats a cookie on my system (which would be weird b/c I live in MD now and only search their stores).

EDIT: Almost night and day difference between the P5Q Dx and SE. I believe the SE is the vanilla of that series. Memory tables are different and it doesnt overclock as well as the Dx. I owned the Dx and moved to the UD3P if that says anything about the UD3P.

Last edited:
Ahh well then I think I'll go with the UP3L then =). It doesn't show columbus as the location when I click it so I'm not sure. Thanks to everyone who gave feedback and other help ^.^

Back