• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T vs P6T Deluxe v2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joebuck3t

Registered
I will eventually be running two GTX295's, an overclocked i7 920, and 6GB (3x2GB) 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 RAM.

After doing some research I found that the deluxe has an SAS controller, an extra ethernet port, and two more USB ports. If you guys know of any other differences, please post.

Do you think it's worth the extra $40 for the deluxeV2?

Last edited:
Why sli 295? Why not wait for some 3xx cards or even ati 5870?

I've decided to go with Nvidia, so I guess we will see what they have in store when I decide to build my comp. But for now, can I get some thoughts on the mobos? Thanks.

I have the similar problem (see below) I cant decide between ASUS and EVGA :)

Oic. You went ahead and chose the p6t deluxe v2 over the p6t (if u decide to choose asus > evga). Did you consider the p6t at all, or just go strait for the deluxe?

+1 for the Deluxe V2. I'm planning on getting that board myself. It has more phases and provides more stable voltages than the regular P6T from what I understand. Also, it can be cross-flashed with a regular P6T BIOS to help eliminate throttling issues when turbo mode is enabled on i7 cpus.

Oic. You went ahead and chose the p6t deluxe v2 over the p6t (if u decide to choose asus > evga). Did you consider the p6t at all, or just go strait for the deluxe?
As he said:

+1 for the Deluxe V2. I'm planning on getting that board myself. It has more phases and provides more stable voltages than the regular P6T from what I understand. Also, it can be cross-flashed with a regular P6T BIOS to help eliminate throttling issues when turbo mode is enabled on i7 cpus.

In deluxe ver2 most bugs were fixed. Go for it. I will probably go for it myself. I wanted to go for ARIIE but I do not need it for my configuration, I am not extreme overclocker :)
My only concern is how will it work with 5870.
+1

Ah ok. I'm definately going to spend the extra dough on the deluxe v2.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Hey Joe... sorry I couldn't get back to your PM last night. Looks like you're getting it all sorted out though ;)

Rampage II Gene
P6T Deluxe V2

I'd read through those (you might have done so already) The ROG features and sound of the Rampage are the main visible advantages. I know you're looking for a full size board, but just because it's a microATX board, doesn't mean it's inferior. Don't get me wrong, the P6T will be a great board if you do decide to go with it.

Also, it can be cross-flashed with a regular P6T BIOS to help eliminate throttling issues when turbo mode is enabled on i7 cpus.

Almost right. It can be cross flashed with the Deluxe v1 BIOS to fix the throttling issue. The regular P6T has no fix for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a p6t and p6t deluxe and dont care for either of them for overclocking. my gigabyte x58 ud4p or the evga x58sli le would kill either of them with the same hardware in them. both boards wont boot over 215 bclk and the giga and evga would do 222 and do it with less voltage.

I have a p6t and p6t deluxe and dont care for either of them for overclocking. my gigabyte x58 ud4p or the evga x58sli le would kill either of them with the same hardware in them. both boards wont boot over 215 bclk and the giga and evga would do 222 and do it with less voltage.

Well, I haven't read any review about that, sure I am going to search it right now. :)

Is that so? I heard Asus is the obvioius choice for overclocking. Also heard they were the most reliable, etc... :confused:

i also have never heard about that. can anybody else confirm?

If your not going to do extream OCing I would go with the EVGA because of the SLI in it (beacuse you wanted the 295 GPU for SLI), if you go with Asus I would change the GPU to the Radeon 5870s. Just a thought..

i also have never heard about that. can anybody else confirm?

Really not surprising.

If you look at a Foxconn Bloordage next to an Asus P6T deluxe V2, take all the badges off, and don't tell someone what they're looking at.. you're kind of hard pressed to see the difference in terms of quality. The layout is a giveaway to whoever knows what they're looking at but there are tonnes of freakin great boards out there with freakin great parts from lots of other makers like MSI, BIOSTAR. Names that don't sound very familiar to most people-- but their stuff is still really well made-- and holds some of the highest records.

Even the rediculous high end like the rampage 2- not as impressive as their stuff used to be.

The P6T's look good. They are good. They're not great for the price. Superior boards exist for the price. I would still probably buy the ASUS because I've never gotten a lemon out of the box from them, had tonnes of their boards, etc etc. Just like I always buy Coke, but sometime the waiter slips you a pepsi without telling you and you enjoy it just as much.

bloodrage-big.jpg
multiphase power everything. Monster caps all over the place. Foxconn bloodrage X58

msi-x58-eclipse.jpg
Really sexy high end chipset cooling. Exceptional Mosfet cooling. MSI Eclipse X58

Last edited:
If your not going to do extream OCing I would go with the EVGA because of the SLI in it (beacuse you wanted the 295 GPU for SLI), if you go with Asus I would change the GPU to the Radeon 5870s. Just a thought..

Thanks for all the info. No, I am not going to do any extreme OCing now, but possibly in the future, does the ASUS handle extremeOCing better than the EVGA?

Also,
Since I am set on nvidia, why exactly should I go with the evga > asus? Just FYI I do know what SLI is; I see how EVGA supports 'SLI', but doesn't the ASUS support multiple nvidia cards as well?

My question is basically why does EVGA's mobo have 'SLI' in its name whereas ASUS does not?:confused:

Back