• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Core i7 Next Week -- Any Takers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S_Wilson

Hard Working Member
So mobile Core i7 is hitting next week, looks to be quite interesting from performance and power standpoint. Quite a few are available for order from the gamer centric Sager, MSI and Alienware models to consumer level Dell Studio and Studio XPS. Pricing seems reasonable so far, especially for the Dell Studio's which come with a decent GPU. More will be available next week also.

So, has anybody bit or going to bite?

Last edited:
I'm going to wait a while and let the dust settle and see what's real. I'm in no rush but I do like new tech. :D So far, all that I have seen is data coming from a Clevo with an extreme processor, high end GPU and SSD that Intel sent around to reviewers to cobble together a kind of preview. I really want to see reviewers and users with real notebooks to find out how they perform. Will the processor Turbo function reliably with TDP and current restrictions or will there be some ODM's that mess this up?

I'm going to wait for Arrandale. I don't see the need for four cores on mobile, and the power efficiency didn't really impress me much.

I wonder how long the battery life on an i7 laptop would be? Don't the i7s have pretty high power consumption?

I'm going to wait for Arrandale. I don't see the need for four cores on mobile, and the power efficiency didn't really impress me much.

I do. My notebook is my only machine and encoding is a pain even on the relatively quick notebook I have now. I have even tried using the GPU but that didn't help much. Personally I can't wait.

Encoding should be good on i7 mobiles, I've done this on C2D and it can be painful. :)

Power consumption should not be to bad. The new chips are 45W but include all the northbridge functions so no more northbridge which burns about 10W. Overall, the power consumption should be less than current mobile C2Q and only slightly more than mobile C2D with discrete GPU's.

yup im preety stoked, i got 25% cash back from bing and i went with 8 gb, the slice battery, and the bluray external.

the 4830 1 gb is a nice touch 1920 res too, I cant wait. I think i made the right choice.

yup im preety stoked, i got 25% cash back from bing and i went with 8 gb, the slice battery, and the bluray external.

the 4830 1 gb is a nice touch 1920 res too, I cant wait. I think i made the right choice.

25% cash back?! HOLY CRAP. Do you know how much WHrs the battery comes out to?

I want to see some benchmarks when you get it :drool:

Cool! How soon before you get it?

Back