• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus and memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

to55

Hi all,

I have few questions, which 1366 i7 920 motherboard is best within reason, I don't want to spend really $1,000 on a motherboard...
but somethin that can run along with some memory 1600 Mhz, possible higher in the future..
What do you suggest ?

Thanks

What do you want it for?
Gaming/supercomputing/office will get you different answers

Well for all, I'm web programmer and designer, so I work with lots of software, Windows 7, MS office, Adobe softwares and sometimes games.

I also don't know what to take for memory-RAM, will it be Mushkin, G.skill, OCZ or Corsair. But I def. want 1600 Mhz at least and must be 6GB.
Of course as everyone else latency to be as low as possible.

Thanks for helping me.

ok so under a grand for mobo? more specific price range? you willing to spend $400? $300? $200?

also do you plan on sli or crossfire?

Last edited:
ok so under a grand for mobo? more specific price range? you willing to spend $400? $300? $200?

also do you plan on sli or crossfire?

sli and max $400, but its not too much about the money, best would probably be money vs performance, although all higher cost Asus mbo's are only Xeon so up to $400 is I guess fair price yes.
Is sli really a must today, or it can be 1 card ? 24'' screen btw.

I also plan to buy graphic card Asus Radeon HD 5850... hopefully Asus will work perfectly :)

STOP SPAMMING....u're gone as soon as a MOD shows up dude!

Back