• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P45-UD3R Trouble, freezing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phil178821

Just got the new board listed in title. I bought it on a hunch that my old board was failing. Old board was giving errors and bsods at OCs that were previously 100% stable. As well, running 4x1GB was giving errors. I built the system yesterday and everything seem fine. Then it started spazzing out and now, even with just one module, the computer will freeze, or atleast everything on the screen will disappear. Sometimes, it makes it into Windows 7 and the freezes, other times it freezes while its loading. I was just going into my bios to check settings and the screen went blank. all the writing disappeared but the screen is still that bios blue..

i got into the bios again and i got an error about voltages be wrong and causing errors. All I changed the first time was my ram from 1.8v to 2.1. Now I reset the cmos and have tried to get backinto bios but keep getting freezing..

i noticed this board has 2x4 plug near the cpu. I currently have both plugged in, should I since I am only useing a dual core?

just switch to I different module, one I am 99% certain is good and After a few attempts I got into the PC Health Status in the Bios.

Vcore-1.300
DDR - 2.08
+3.3V 3.296
+12V 12.239.

I am not sure, are these exceptable ranges?

I just removed one of the 2x4 connectors and still freezing in bios. At the moments, the only peripheral connected to the computer is my sound card, which has never caused issues in the past..

sound card out: still freezes

just remove cmos bat for a few minutes.. still freezes on boot..

Last edited:
Voltages look OK, assuming the 1.3V Vcore is in line w/ the VID. Try disconnecting any devices currently connected to the USB hubs. If you can make it into the BIOS without it locking up, plug in just your keyboard using a USB to PS2 adapter.

i dont have an adapter. Sometimes it gets in the bios, sometimes it freezes before hand. Sometimes it freezes 2 seconds after loading bios and sometimes it freezes 20, but for now, it always freezes.

This is just really weird because yesterday I had it running find on two ram modules and was able to install all my Software and watch tv on it. Then, as the night progressed it start spazzing and has gotten progressively work..

Try disconnecting or removing anything not necessary to POST, including HDD(s), PCI / PCI-E cards, opticals, case fans, lights, etc. (including any USB devices, besides the keyboard).

the only thing i have had connected is rad fans, case fans, and my pump. I may try swapping in another PSU, although i highly doubt that is it. and now, in even better news, My monitor is not kicking on. The board is on, all o the cpu phase leds are on, but no picture. This happpened with my old board two, I used to think it was something with my vid card, which is why i have RMA'd two of them, but idk.

Also, i have used the one module that has pased 2+hrs of memtest on my old board in each DIMM; it still froze everytime.

Does the dual bios feature repair a corrupted bios automatically? When the display was working, I did see some screwy looking characters (like mistakes in the image) when it was loading. I did not see this, however, yesterday when the thing appeared to be working fine..

this blows..

drop down to a single stick of RAM -

have been the whole time;

Is it possible for the cpu to go bad? I did do something kinda stupid. I saw some brown gunky stuff on the bottom of the cpu that I gently whipped off. It didnt look like it damaged anything. How can you conclude it is the cpu? and, if it is the cpu, why did it work fine for like two hours?

What do the pins in the cpu socket look like? Any bent or dirty?
I had a cpu go bad, cuz of a cr@ppy psu(I think), and it reacted the same way. LED's light up, fans spinning, no hdd activity led, and no signal on the monitor.
Maybe try it again on the old mb with 1 stick of ram and vcard.

What do the pins in the cpu socket look like? Any bent or dirty?
I had a cpu go bad, cuz of a cr@ppy psu(I think), and it reacted the same way. LED's light up, fans spinning, no hdd activity led, and no signal on the monitor.
Maybe try it again on the old mb with 1 stick of ram and vcard.

Thing that blows is all i have is my water cooling right now. I left my air vid car and my 9700LED at home like a jack hole. Mobo pins are pretty looking; the board is a day old. The cpu; i gave an even more thorough cleaning to just now with articlean, just waiting to make sure its dry. I noticed some of the circle dots, like 2 or 3, have a black spot on them, but it doesnt cover the whole circle. Is that enough to kill the proc?

just finished drying the cpu after cleaning.. still no picture. why is this happening! lol

just swapped out PSUs from my enermax to my Ultra. Still no response from monitor! looks like its a proc or board.. any other ideas guys?

I think it has to be the board.. The chance of all four of my sticks of ram dying it once it is unbelievably low.

Last edited:
hmmm.. looks like it could be the CPU, i jsut swapped back to my old motherboard and it booted, monitor came on, the POST screens were covered in weird symbols, and then the monitor kicked off and won't come back on.

Setting up an Intel RMA tomorrow. Anyone know how painful that process is?

Thanks for the help guys

Back