• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zune HD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
Anyone out here got one? Like it, hate it? Where can it be improved?

Mines in the mail, and i just want to know what to expect :D Looks like a great little PMP. My first gen 30gig Zune finally died (hard drive went out... could probably replace it if i wanted, but i figure it's time to upgrade anyway), and i have high hopes for the reliability.

How's that Tegra run? Anyone used it with an HD TV? How's it look?

My wife uses it... she loves it... not too computer illiterate that one though(the wife not the zune) ... can't really say other than she uses it all the time lol

My wife uses it... she loves it... not too computer illiterate that one though(the wife not the zune) ... can't really say other than she uses it all the time lol

I would hope i can figure it out... i'm pretty good at learnign things. Last manual i read was for my Mobo to know what pins to go what front panel connection haha

I have 2. I don't really use it for anything other than listening to music. But it does a great job at playing videos and displaying pix. It's frickin fast :D

I have 2. I don't really use it for anything other than listening to music. But it does a great job at playing videos and displaying pix. It's frickin fast :D

THAT, is what i wanted to hear! :D I hated the lag that my iPod touch gave me, and honestly, that alone is why i didn't get upset in the least when it broke. Just pulled my Zune out and've used it since. :bday:

If it's speed you're after (and who here isn't) you wont be disappointed. I use mine to get me through the workday and have never had the battery die on me.

If it's speed you're after (and who here isn't) you wont be disappointed. I use mine to get me through the workday and have never had the battery die on me.

When scrolling through album art does it stutter like the ipod touch/iPhone? That was the most annoying thing in the world... *swipe**stutter**load*and repeat :/

Yeah, from everything I've seen and heard the Zune HD is a really capable, solid PMP with a great UI. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

I'm on the "one device to rule them all" train so I'm waiting/crossing my fingers for a Zune HD phone before I jump on.

Last edited:
Fast barely explains this thing. I've never had a PMP that could outrun my fingers without stuttering!! :D I remember i would be scrolling through music on my iPod, then i would decide to go play a game, and while it was still scrolling it'd hit the home button, and the iPod would just lock up for 2 or 3 seconds... that was the most annoying thing in the world...

Zune HD doesn't do that.

how well is this player selling?
i've never seen it in shops here in Melbourne...all my friends carry iTouches around these days...Zune's have a bad reputation here, everything thinks they are failures, purely because Microsoft makes them...but these ppl are all i-diots. if they actually researched, browsed online a little, they'd realise it's actually a very capable player.
apart from being a Samsung fanboy, this mp3 would be on my consideration list if i was purchasing a new mp3.

how well is this player selling?
i've never seen it in shops here in Melbourne...all my friends carry iTouches around these days...Zune's have a bad reputation here, everything thinks they are failures, purely because Microsoft makes them...but these ppl are all i-diots. if they actually researched, browsed online a little, they'd realise it's actually a very capable player.
apart from being a Samsung fanboy, this mp3 would be on my consideration list if i was purchasing a new mp3.

They only sell Zune in the US... idk why though, they would have great market share if it was a worldwide device. You could always buy one in the US, and ship it over there for $100 lol

so this is way better than the itouch huh... i like my little itouch...

i never saw the itouch as a slow device now im really curious to see how fast the zune is... i might go to bestbuy in a bet to give it a try

they only sell the zune in america rich
oh.
no wonder i've never seen anybody with one here.
they really should sell them overseas, becuase i'd be interested.
the Apple designs look too generic/boring to me nowadays. they all look similar one way or another, and the iTouch looks kinda 'meh' to me.

lol shipping on ey...it'd be a bit costly. maybe whenever i go to USA next time...i'll pick up one :thup:

if i was looking for something like the iTouch, i'd probably go for the Samsung YP-P3. just wish it didn't look as laggy.

Back