• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMGzz I need help.. (Noob problem)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RComp

Registered
Looking for a replacement MB for an HP DV9700 (Model # 9910us) AM2.

I'm actually not quite sure if the ones on eBay are right or not...

Anyone help me out with this nooby situation?:confused:

Do I match the M# on the MB it's self to a replacement I need?

On the bottom of the notebook there should be a product number ex: NV022UA for mine.

Go to HP Parts Store and plug that product number into the bottom slot, then select model on next page and finally on third page select "List all parts for this product"

Now scroll down to where it says PC Board or something similar and there should be your mobo listed with part number, something like 516294-001. Now you can search by ebay by part number.

Also, if you have already taken it apart then there should be a sticker somewhere on the mobo that says "Replace with HP part number XXXXXX-XXX" and that will the part number you are looking for.

You really need to use the part number since there could possibly be differences among the same line of notebooks.

If you have any trouble just get me the product number and I will find the part number for your mobo.

I did some poking around and if your product number is FE694UAR then your mobo will be 459567-001 based on 9910US but you need to verify the product number.

Back